Product Menu of Taptouch Hospitality POS is very strong and flexible supporting different requirement. Variant, Modifier and Options can be used in different scenario
Here is summarize of these 3 which make it easier for restaurant to build a easy to use Menu:
|User Scenario||Product Major changes like: Colors of TV, Size of Coffee, Beef/Lamb with Curry||Small Modifier or add-on, very popular to use and change basedd on product. Like Sugar, milk type in coffee, topping in bubble tea||Some none-commonly used options or command like: Spicy level, allergic, special command to kitchen or bar|
|Name||Variant Name is part of product name and print in Receipt and Kitchen with brackets, like “Latte (Large)”||Print and display under the name of the product. Multi modifiers will be printed in multi lines.||Print and display under product name, after Modifier. Multi options may be printed together and separated by space.|
|SKU Code||Different Variants have different SKU code||No Code||No Code|
|Price||Variant Price will override the product price.||Final price = product (Variant) + modifier price + Option Price||Added to Total Price: Total = Product (Variant) + Modifer + Options|
|Number of Choice||Only one Variant can be choosed||Number of each modifiers and total can be set from 1 to unlimited||Number of each and total options can be set from 1 to unlimited|
|Define and setting||Added in product edit page directly||(1) Define modifiers (2) Bundle with product||(1) Define options (2) Bundle with categories|
- Variant is used for different size or color of product. Such as Small, Middle, Large Latte.
- Used for configuration for the same product with different color, size.
- Different prices applied for different products.
- Variant name is just color/size name. Like “Large” , then Product will be displayed as “Latte (large)”
- Modifier (Add-on): small topping, add on or source for dishes. Or Accessories for goods.
- Modifier is added in product setting on backoffice, bundled to product. One modifier can be bundled to different products.
- Price for modifier will be added to product price. For example, modifier “Soy milk” is $0.2. Latte is $4.5, total price will be $4.7
- Modifier will pop up automatically when the product is clicked to add to the shopping cart.
- Modifier can be added multi time by clicking multi times on POS.
- Options are used for modifiers or changes that are not popular for normal ordering, such as allergy, no ice for soft drinks, etc.
- Option is added on back office and bundled to categories but not to product.
- Option will not pop up if there are only options with a product but no variant or modifier. It can be added by clicking product in shopping cart
- Option can be added for multiple times with price.