Taptouch POS System is powerful and flexible to support different menu requirements. Here is guideline to setup product menu in 2 major Steps:
- Create the database of product on backoffice. For each time the database changes, remember to SYNC on POS to get the latest database.
- Customize menu on POS. One “Menu Group” is enough for most restaurants. If you have a different menu in weekday/weekends, Lunch/Dinner or holiday menu. You can create multi Menu Groups.
- Product: Basic product information like name, categories, price, description and categories.
- Category: Easy for shop owners to manage different products.
- Set Menu: Used for bundle sales and banquet menu.
- Variant: Different style of same product like color, size.
- Modifier: Add-on or small accessories for product. Can be bundled with products and will pop up for each new product added.
- Options: Some unusual options for products like allergy, bundled with categories and will not popup when adding products to the shopping cart.
- Menu Group: Time Shift Menu Group. POS and the online shop will show the right Menu at one specific time.
- Menu Tab: Shortcut of group of items. One Menu Group has a group of Menu Tabs. Menu Tab can be:
- Categories: A Category can be assigned to a Menu Tab. So all items in the categories will be displayed in the “productlist” and automatically updated once product in categories changed.
- “Item List Tab”: We can define an empty “Item List Tab”, then add items under this Tab. Items can be: Categories, Products, Set Menu, Combo.
Product Database: Add or import new product
- New product can be added manually one by one on backoffice –> Resources –> Product –> Item List (backoffice.taptouch.net)
- As well, you can download the excel template and fill the table to import into the system.
- Click “down“ arrow near “New” button on product list page –> Click “import” –> Click “Download Template” on pop up screen
- Fill the excel table with produce/dishes information (Name, Categories, Price is Mandatory, Abbr Name and Description is optional for restaurant)
- Name: Product Name
- Abbr Name：Alias of product to used internally. Will be displayed on POS and printed into Kitchen. Leave it blank if you don’t need a special one
- Code: GS1 or other product code that can be used to scan the product, you can use Barcode of a bottle drink. (Leave it blank for dishes without Barcode).
- Categories: Dish Categories by restaurant.
- Cost: If not use, input “0”.
- Status: Choose Published for product you want to list.
- Available Terminals: Used to config availability on POS and Online.
- Available Stores: Fill the name of the shop that product is available.
- Description: Detail description product. This is important for customers online to understand your product better.
- Import can only support simple product, if you want to create Variant, bundle modifer for items or bundle options for categories Please follow docs here.
- Once the product database imported, the categories will be automatically created. You can set more properties of product categories.
- Course Sequence: This is used for sequence courses within a multi course dinner. Used to give kitchen orders in sequence.
- Options: Different options like allergic, spicy level can be bundled to categories if needed.
- Once a new categories added, remember to add it to the Kitchen Station/Printing Group so that the kitchen order of dishes in this categories will be printed out in correct place
- Sort the categories properly. The product sequence of the online shop is defined here.
Menu setup On POS
If there is change happen on product database in backoffice, remember to sync from POS side for latest updates.
Create Menu Group
- Click Menu Group drop down Menu, and then click “Edit Menu Group”
- Name the Menu Group
- Define the time available for this Menu Group. If there are more than 2 Menu Group available for a specific time, the first one in sequence area “4” will be used.
- Save the settings of the Menu Group
- Press & Hold the name of Menu Group on the left to adjust the sequence.
- Tap to add a new “Menu Group”
- If you want the Button of “Menu Tab” to be bigger, enable this button.
- This button is used to edit “Menu Tab” for this button.
- If you have more than 2 POS terminals. You can define a different Menu Group on 2nd POS or make affiliate POS to follow the Master POS.
Edit Menu Tabs for a Menu Group
Menu Tab can be fully customized as you need for efficient daily ordering. There are 2 types of “Menu Tab” on POS: Categories or Item List.
- Categories Menu Tab: Each tab is assigned as one categories. All products in the category will be automatically updated each time you sync with the backoffice. (All categories will be added automatically each time you create a new Menu Group)
- Menu Tabs: You “Press&Hold” the Menu group to move it up and down as you want.
- Press this “+” Button to add a new Menu Tab.
- Choose category you want to assign for the Tab highlighted on “Menu Tab List”
- Click this button each time you finish the editing.
- Delete the tab highlighted.
- Item List Menu Tab: Categories tab is good enough to be used for 90% use cases. But if you have Combos, Banquet Set Menus, or some products in different categories you want to group them together, you may need “Item List Menu Tab”
- Click “+” to add a new Tab
- Choose “Item List Menu Tab”
- Give a name to the tab
- Choose a color you like
- Click any “Tile” in the item list area to add items. Items can be Set Menu, Combo, Product, Categories. The sequence of these tiles can be fully customized as you want.
- Click “Done” to save your changes.