Taptouch Hospitality is connected POS that can help boost sales for restaurant and cafe both online and offline.
After basic setup in the backoffice, here are steps to use POS for the first time.
1. Hardware Connection & System Basic Setup
- Connect POS with (1) power (2) Cash Drawer (3) LAN cable (4) Printer through USB or network. All sockets are unter the main panel of POS. Then power on.
- Press power button on POS and power on (Power Button for D1 & D3 on left side of back).
- Follow up the POS guideline to set language, time zone, Network, and etc.
- If internet is connected, click “App Store” on desktop to download “Taptouch Hospitality” find it on screen.
- Once downloaded, open “Taptouch Hospitality” and go to next step to log in.
2. Register Login & Open
(1) For the first time, register needs to login and open. Account and password of login is just the same as backoffice: Brand or Store Manager Email and password.
(2) After successful sync between POS and Backoffice, you can open the register with staff PIN Code (PIN Code can be found in backoffice, staff management, default is “1234”). Then put in floating money (Petty Cash) and then open the register.
3. Menu Group and Menu Customization
After log into the POS system. You will see all product list out without any grouping which is not friendly to use.
From V3.0, Taptouch support Time shifted Menu Group. You can use one Meu Group for free and Multi Menu group if you subscribe for Advance-Menu service. Here we’ll setup one default menu first.
(1) Click “Default Group” in the middle “Menu Tab” Bar. And then Press “+” to add a default Menu Group.
(2) Name the menu group, we can use “Default” here and then Click “Edit Icon” to edit the “Menu Tab”
(3) Everyt time you add a new menu group, POS system will add all categories as “Menu Tab” automatically. And most people can click “Done” to begin to order now. If you want to know more about Menu customization, please click here.
4. Add local printers on POS.
- Click Setting –> Printer Setting –> Add a new printer
- Name printer as you want
- Choose model and connection mode. If you can not find product number here, choose “Other”
- Choose the content to print. Receipt and Kitchen stations to print. Daily close receipt will be printed out on first receipt printer you set up here.
5. Order setting customization
Click Setting –> Order Setting. Here you can customize the default order fulfillment, general preparation time, whether you need to lock screen after sending order to the kitchen.
Then the basic POS setting is done. Then you can just go back to the Product Menu to take orders.