Star is one of popular receipt thermal printer. Taptouch POS already support popular module like TSP143III or TSP654III and TSP650.
Popular Models of Star printer
Official online menu can be found here: https://www.star-m.jp/products/s_print/mcprint3/manual/en/index.htm
Models can be found by check label on bottom or self-printing:
- Make sure that pritner is not power on.
- Holding down the “FEED” Button
- Press power button and release –> Then release “FEED: Button”
- Model, Bluetooth, network information will be printed.
The below table shows interfaces each model supports:
Please choose best interface for you: USB-B/USB-C is perfected, and then Ethernet. Bluetooth is not preferred option due to slow speed issue.
Download and Connect Printer using mC-Print Utility
- Download Star Bluetooth Utility for m Collection.
Using the dedicated app (mC-Print Utility or StarPRNT for mCollection), you can use the following functions.
- Bluetooth pairing using QR code
In mC-Print Utility (iOS/Android), you can use the QR code printed via Self-Printing to easily perform Bluetooth pairing and configure the printer to connect this app to, enabling you to smoothly proceed with the setup procedure.
- Firmware update
Download the latest printer firmware and update the firmware safely.
ｍC-Print Utility（iOS, Android）can perform at [Printer Settings] – [Firmware Update], Printer Software for mCollection（Windows）can perform at [Firmware Update] after setting up the connection with printer.
- Network settings using a Bluetooth or USB connection
In mC-Print Utility (iOS/Android), you can check and change the printer network settings from the host device connected via Bluetooth or USB. This enables you to specify the static IP address of the printer via another interface even in an environment in which the DHCP server is not available.
- Network settings in an environment where DHCP is not available
In Printer Software for mCollection (Windows), you can specify the static IP address of the printer even in an environment in which the DHCP server is not available.
- SteadyLAN* Setting Support
Enable / disable SteadyLAN.
With mC-Print Utility (iOS, Android), you can set up an environment for using SteadyLAN by following the utility guide.
*SteadyLAN: a function to provide a wired network connection via a USB cable
- Connection check
By performing sample print from the dedicated app, you can easily check the connection between your device and printer.
- Change memory switch setting
You can change the memory switch setting of the printer on the screen.
Connect Star Printer with Taptouch POS
- Make sure that USB-C setting is default on “Power supply + Communication”
- Select printer on Taptouch POS –> Setting –> Printer and test. If success –> Confirm
- Connect printer and POS in same network. Better to set printer with fix IP but not DHCP.
- In Taptouch POS, go to setting –> Printer –> Select printer –> Input IP address –> Test and if connect –> Confirm.
Pairing with printer
- Select “Settings” on the tablet screen, and open “Connected devices”.
- Select Bluetooth.
- Set Bluetooth to “ON”, and open “Pair new device”.
- Select the desired device name (mC-Print3-XXXXX).
If the device name was changed, then select the device name that it was changed to.
- If you are unable to connect, please refer to FAQ – Cannot establish Bluetooth communication.
2. Confirm that it has connected.
- Once pairing is complete, the device name will be displayed under “Paired devices”.